01 May 2010

End of April Pics



The picture doesn't do this sundae justice - it was huge!  Very rare to find a dessert so large in Brazil.  Don't worry, the Americans rose to the challenge and cleaned their plates.  We celebrated Anselmo's wife's 11th year anniversary of the day she moved to Brazil.  


I went to a breakfast picnic with girls and students from our church on campus.  I made sugar cookies with chocolate icing.  For some reason, my dessert looked (to Brazilians) like a biscuit type thing with ham.  I kept telling the girls that the cookies were sweet.  I'm sure they thought "Ham... sweet?" until they tried it!  Cookies are special because they're uncommon.  I think my baking confidence increased exponentially that day!   


A little craft during the picnic.  Each flower had a different virtue - specific for women.  I unknowingly picked the shortest, easiest word to say!  I laughed to myself because usually this never happens.  "Faith" is pronounced "Fey."


Portuguese class again... Sam, me, Claudia, and Mark.  Claudia is making us each give a 10 minute long presentation next week!


Why is this big tank of some kind strapped to an ambulance stretcher?  

No comments:

Post a Comment