Friends, so sorry for my recent lack in postings. We're excited about looking into website options and having that available in the near future. Since we began talking about websites I've fallen very behind blogging.
August:
-I began teaching English to 2 coworkers of our friend, Ana Luiza, once a week.-We began a bible study on campus with freshmen studying various encounters of Jesus in the Gospels of John and Luke.
-Bought a car!
September:
-Justin and Jess came to visit for 10 days. It was wonderful to spend time together introducing them to the culture, our friends, our church, and our life here. Though the trip couldn't have been better, we find ourselves missing family and familiarity a little more now. We wish we could come home for a just a weekend! One highlight - of many - was getting to watch Alabama's first game of the season with J and J. Roll Tide!September/October:
-This month I'm teaching English 2 nights a week and will be going to campus to spend time with a couple girls I met this summer 2 -3 days a week as well as participate in the freshman bible study. I'm getting closer to Pri and find her to be such an encouragement. I'm baking more than ever since Brasilians love American desserts and we love having people in our home. I feel like I'm finding my place on the team and in the community here more and more as time goes by but it still can be a struggle. Mark and I are continuing to grow in learning to set boundaries too. Mark's been getting us to plan our weeks on Sunday and to prioritize things that usually get overlooked like planning our sabbath, work out days, and date night. We can already tell a difference in just 2 weeks of doing this.I uploaded more pictures on Facebook from Justin and Jessica's trip!
Almost famous! During J and J's trip, I was interviewed by a global news TV station in our state. Click here to see the clip!
Hi! I have no idea what you were talking about in that clip, but your Portuguese is impressive! It was good chatting with you last week. I think Scott has our computer ready to Skype now so we'll have to plan a time. Talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete